Home > Extra Curricular > Academies
SURF COAST SECONDARY COLLEGE
The Surf Coast Secondary Sports Academy program is facilitated for the school by sport development company Sport Support Australia. Along with helping students achieve their sporting potential, a large focus of the program is encouraging long-term active lifestyles and developing life skills through sport such as resilience, commitment, perseverance, respect, and personal leadership.
Year 7-9 Program:
- Specialist Sports Coaching Sessions: In the sports of AFL (Boys & Girls Program), Netball, Basketball, Soccer, Athletics, Cricket and Multi-Sport.
- Athlete Development Sessions: This session is a progressive curriculum and develops students speed, power, strength, agility, movement, jumping and landing capabilities for their sport.
- Athlete Education Excursion: The Sports Academy excursion once per term involves excursions to high performance facilities and guest speakers such as athletes, sport dietitians and allied health professionals.
- Sports Academy Camp: Students have the option of attending the Sports Academy Camp in Term 4 each year.
Year 10-12 Program:
- Athlete Development Session/s: Year 10-12 students have the option of completing their Athlete Development program once to twice per week before-school
- Individual Athlete Mentoring: Our staff and mentors work with each student to plan out their training and competition year and design their athlete development programs appropriately
- Specialist Consult each term: Once per term, the students have access to a free consultation with an allied health professional of their choice.